We were happy to be back at school this past week, even though it was an unusual week. Between buses arriving late, a few interesting viruses going around and a “cold” day on Friday, it was pretty quiet. However, we were pleased to see the children enthusiastically get back to their work and ask for lessons. What great kids!
In Cultures, we started learning about the biomes of our focus continents, Europe and Africa.
In storytime, we continued reading some of the most well-known of the European myths, the Greek myths. Next week, we will be starting a child’s version of The Odyssey, adapted by Mary Pope Osborne, author of the Magic Tree House series.
Journey of Discovery, Saturday, Jan. 27 @ 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the wonderful ways that a Montessori education supports a child’s needs and encourages optimal academic, social and physical development from birth through 12 years. Childcare is available if you RSVP to Ms. Luisa by January 12. We hope that you can make it! It’s fascinating!
Delays and Closings
– We highly recommend signing up with the One Call system to get phone notification if The Glen is delayed or closed. Contact Ms. Luisa to set that up.
– Also check KDKA, WPXI and our Facebook page for delay/closing information.
– If your home district is delayed or closed, it will affect your child’s bus, even if The Glen is on a regular schedule. Please contact your home district if you have questions about this.
– Your child will be more comfortable if he/she has regular shoes to change into when wearing snowboots to school.
– Weather will be warmer next week, so we will likely be outside for recess. Please make sure that your child has coat/hat/gloves.