2021 Glen Graduates
During this pandemic year, The Glen’s sixth-graders set the pace for flexible learning and engaged citizenship. In a tumultuous year, Robbie, Ruby, and Simran served as role models to the entire community when The Glen was in-person, 5 days a week for more than 80% of our school year and the remaining 20%, which was remote instruction due to the pandemic.
Not letting this irregular schedule slow them down, they and their Upper Elementary classmates took a leadership role to increase awareness toward making The Glen a more inclusive community. With nine years of Montessori education each, this group has experienced firsthand the peace education that has long been a hallmark at The Glen and built upon that culture to bring renewed awareness through participating in the Anti-Defamation League’s No Place for Hate program. Read more about this program and the distinction achieved by The Glen here.
Their final project as sixth graders was to create a three-dimensional art installation for the school lobby, demonstrating the fundamental Montessori commitment to peace and social justice. The painted ceiling tiles reflect The Glen’s geometric motif, with a diversity of colors and hearts hanging from the tiles in the shades of humankind.
We congratulate these three accomplished youth as they move on in their educational journey and continue to make the world a better place for their generation and the generations that follow!
The Glen Montessori Blood Drive and Ariel Silvaggio Memorial Scholarship Fund